Daiso Finds: The Bathroom Edition

If you are unfamiliar with Daiso, it is a basically a $2.80 store selling almost everything from kitchenware to stationary. With an enormous range of goods, we thought we'd share some of the of our picks and experiences, starting off with things in the bathroom ;)


Frog Bento Box
Instead of storing food, I use this to store my cotton pads & face washing brush. My main pet peeve is dust so this is perfect for keeping it away. Inside there is a moveable wall so you can adjust the size of each compartment which is quite handy. I taped the lid to the level where the utensils are held so each time I open it, it opens to the bigger compartment rather than the smaller one where the chopsticks are held. 

Cotton Pads
Hands down the best cotton pads we've used. It's sturdy, absorbs product really well and doesn't leave that white cotton string on your face after you use it.  We've noticed that Daiso changes up the brands of cotton pads to stock, and just to put it out there, we like the ones that are "made in Japan" :P

Face Washing Brush
I bought this a couple of years ago when the first ever Daiso opened in Melbourne. I expected this to be abrasive and rough but it's exactly the opposite. It feels like you're giving your face a nice massage getting deep into all the pores. As this one is getting old, I use this as a surface to wash my brushes much like the Sigma Washing Glove but on a much smaller scale.

Weaved Basket
This is just any ordinary basket to be honest. I use this to store my skincare keeping it nice and neat in the bathroom. The size is just about right, fitting all the products I use on a daily basis in there.


Bubble Net
This is used to help foam up your cleanser. What you basically do is grab your cleanser, place it on the mesh, add a bit of water, rub to foam and then use that foam as a cleanser. Apparently the bubbles in the foam are better able get into your pores rather than just putting the cleanser directly on your face (as most foam cleansers never really foam up). There was a phase where I was really into this, but then I changed the type of cleanser I used (oil & gel) and kinda forgot about the net over time. This one in particular is ok at foaming up but I think there are a better designs currently available.


3 Tiered Holder
This is used to store my hair ties, bobby pins, rings and earrings that I commonly reach for. I like how it swivels exposing all 3 levels at the same time.


Brush Cleaner + Chive Box
The easiest, fastest, fuss free way to wash your brushes. You can read our full post here, these two will save you water, time and money :3


Strawberry Containers (3pack)
I use this to keep mostly my hair ties & bobby pins separate from everything else in my "hair draw". This is one of those things where the idea of keeping everything neat and separate sounds promising but in reality the neatness only lasts a few weeks before everything is everywhere.  As you can see I just leave old jewellery that I purchased quite a few years back in the spare strawberry :P


Shower Headband
I purchased this to use when I cleanse/apply face masks, it really bothers me when cleanser/mask gets into the hairs on the periphery of my face.  The elastic on the upper and lower portions is good, not too tight, but tight enough for you to adjust it accordingly to your liking.  It does dent your hair if you leave this on for too long though.


Shower Sponges
Sometimes I feel like a loofah is a little too harsh on my skin, and decided to try out one of these sponges! It's softer in comparison, but the foaming ability really lacks.  Wouldn't buy another one, but willing to try other loofah alternatives if you guys know of any!

What are your Daiso picks?

29 comments:

  1. Wow this was a very helpful post haha! Whenever I'm in Daiso I feel like there are so many gems to be found, but I just never seem to find them! I'll be keeping a look out for a few of these handy dandy items - especially since a Daiso just recently opened much closer to where I live! Yay!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay thats closer but booo for your wallet haha!

      Delete
  2. I love daiso! I'm also a big fan of the two pack cotton pads.
    http://parttimeladyofleisure.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know! if i had to pick one item to choose from daiso itd be the cotton pads for sure

      Delete
  3. I own a few of the baskets and use it to store my nail polishes :) I think I'll definitely pick up the brush detergent and check out that tiered holder to store my hair ties and bobby pins too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! I used to do some visual merchandising work for the Daiso that opened up in Chadstone last year - soooo easy to get carried away with buying random stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely vouch for the random stuff! Pretty sure we bought pens that could only be viewed with UV light attached to the end of the pen just cos we could ahahah

      Delete
  5. Haha, so many of these things are sooo cute! I try to not browse too much at diaso and the things I buy most from them are snacks and the brush detergent! I'd love to have that froggy box and the weave basket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we never buy food from daiso haha. would love some recommendations though :)

      Delete
  6. My old workplace was 5mins away form daiso - I was in trouble and ended up doing rounds after work everyday! The frog bento is so cute! I need to pick up some plastic storage for my makeup... and other scraps lying around my room... i didn't realised until I finished uni that I own so much crap!!

    LilynotLouise | Beauty and Food

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. only until we did this post did we realise we owned a lot of stuff from daiso! not to mention this is just the bathroom part :P

      Delete
  7. I am so getting ideas from this post! I'm so thankful to have a Daiso right opposite my Uni as well! They're pretty neat ideas and I'm sure to get my hands on that chives box for my brushes! Nice post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That chive box is such a great idea! I've been using the Daiso detergent (SUCH a lifesaver) but just using a normal container. The textured base seems like it would speed up the process and make it more effective and efficient in cleaning the brushes. I love the Daiso cotton puff pads too - once I bought 6 packs (and they come in packets of 2 - so I had 12 boxes stuffed into my bag. Then I went to a Christmas party, lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lollll. hope no one wouldve mistaken them as "xmas stocking fillers" for your christmas presents since you had so much XD

      Delete
  9. So lovely picks ^^ from Daiso ^^


    恵美より ♥
    www.emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the headband! I never get to spend much time in this shop because my boyfriend hates "browsing". I need to go by myself & really spend some time in there!

    melaniface

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea its definitely something you need to do by yourself or with a girl friend!

      Delete
  11. Wow, this is such a helpful post for me lol, currently I'm in need of a new organizing system for my bathroom and makeup stuff. I love how you used the cute frog box in a different way and I will definitely go look for that brush cleanser. I really need to clean my brushes but I'm dreading it LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well if it helps, I find that using the brush cleaner is less dreading then using baby shampoo to clean brushes hahah

      Delete
  12. The frog bento box is so cute, what a great idea to store your cotton pads in there :P I'm liking the shower headband too, I might get one of those myself! I absolutely love Daiso, they have so many things there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know, probably the best shop out there :P

      Delete
  13. You have a great blog!! <3

    Well I was wondering if we could follow each other via bloglovin, instagram, twitter, facebook and g+? Do visit my blog and let me know where you follow and I will follow back right away!! :)

    Keep in touch
    Charu
    http://www.myglossyaffair.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love daiso! I've been reorganizing my makeup and skincare drawers recently and found some stackable trays from there that I'm really glad I bought.

    Beauty Challenged

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. would love to see you do a post on your storage and how you use the Daiso trays!

      Delete