Tiny Tuesdays: EcoTools Retractable Kabuki



EcoTools Retractable Kabuki is a versatile brush made to be used with powder, blush or bronzer. Made from soft, cruelty free bristles within a retractable case - it offers to be perfect for on-the-go touch ups, providing a smooth, soft finish.


The Pluses:
Ever since purchasing this brush, I have used it non-stop. Marketed as a versatile brush, I particularly like using it for powdering and contouring. For powdering, it is really great as the bristles are so soft and dense. I think this works really well with mineral makeup and powder as it picks up product really well - allowing you to buff and give a smooth, soft finish. For contouring, I push up the retractable case so that the brush shape is narrow and then proceed to make parts of my face look skinnier. To blend, I push the case down to reveal the whole brush and blend away to make it look as natural as possible. As you can see, this is quite the multi-tasker brush! One of the reasons I bought this brush was due to it's travel friendliness. It's compact, small and really does live up to all the expectations. To touch up on the go, you can preload your brush with powder, place the cap on and you are ready to go without needing to bring any compacts. Adding onto this, it is really easy to wash. From personal experience, it only takes a day to dry and I haven't experienced any shedding. I've also noticed that because the colour of the bristles are quite dark, you can actually see the product on the brush which I really like. Has anyone ever felt like they haven't picked up any product when you swirl your brush into powder?


The Minuses: 
This is just nit-picking but when you push the retractable cover to its maximum, it doesn't cover the whole brush, leaving a small portion sticking out. This becomes a problem when I'm careless and kinda just shove the lid on, catching some bristles along the way and bending it. This, however, can be simply solved with some focus and uncareless-ness (lol). 

The Overalls:
The EcoTools Retractable Kabuki is a really great quality, versatile brush that is perfect for on-the-go touch ups. I highly recommend it and would definitely repurchase. It retails for $20.99 at Priceline however is ~$8.60 on iHerb (Buy Me)

The Rating:
5/5

Use the code RCF752 to get $10 off your first purchase on iHerb over $40 :)


9 comments:

  1. $8.60 on iherb!? I'm on it!!!

    I don't have a lot of time in the morning, I'm concerned that i'd probably just shove the lid on and kill the bristles too :/

    LilynotLouise | Beauty and Food

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mine has only caught on the lid a few times but the damage isnt too bad! its only when its bent there for the whole day then id be worried!

      Delete
  2. Awesome brush isn't it? I used to own the one with older packaging! It was a frosted metal finish instead of this bronzer brown. I used it until the bristles started falling out! I used it everyday and washed it every other day! I may need to buy a brush like this again or just this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh man, your brush got a lot of loving for the bristles to fall out! certainly well worth the money

      Delete
  3. I didnt think of preloading the brush with powder!! How awesome this idea is!!!
    Real Techniques released some retractable brushes before and I am deciding between this one and the RT one >_<


    Xo Denise
    http://pixiedw.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tough choice! im planning on getting the RT sometime in the future cos it doesnt hurt to have too many hehe. I think the RT one might be a little less dense from what ive seen in pictures.

      Delete
  4. Great review! I've been thinking of getting this! Love your blog. Followed! xo Tara
    tarasauroh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete