Beauty Addition 015: Priceline 40% off Cosmetics


If you are a long time follower & have been keeping track of our hauls, you know that when a sale comes along we can't help but resist. This was no exception when Priceline had their 40% off cosmetics sale on the 11th & 12th of March. This time we decided to buy online, mainly cos it's easier and to the avoid the disappointment of sold out products in-store. So at 12am Tuesday morning (keen much?) we jumped on the website to put in our order. At that time however, Priceline hadn't updated their sale (obviously they don't take the start of sales as seriously as we do lollll) so we ended up ordering in the morning :)


Essence: Colour & Go Nail Polish in 111, 113, 147, 156 // $0.82 & $1.65
My first lot of essence polishes! I did plan on getting the more muted autumn colours (think nudes/greys/pinks/lilacs) but the range online did disappoint so I had to make do with these.  I went in with knowing I wanted 111 & 113 (pictured on the most left & right), and I picked up the blue and the middle red just because they were reduced to 82c. Dirt cheap.

Cutex: Nourishing Nail Polish Remover // $2.87
I haven't painted my nails for the longest time because I ran out of nail polish remover long ago.  This time I finally remembered to buy it!  Hopefully these won't be too stripping on the nails.

Essence: Express Dry Drops // $2.10
Worst part about putting on nail polish is waiting for it to dry and feeling limited in the activities you do. I tried it once last week and first impressions is that it is so far so good! The application is a little tricky so I might have to yt this one. Let me know if you have any tips!


Essence: Silky Touch Blush in 50 Sweetheart & 20 Babydoll  // $2.55
Lately I've been getting into blushes. As a newly converted blush wearer, I'm still experimenting to see what shades suit me. I've heard so many good things about these being super buttery, highly pigmented & not to mention they are extremely affordable.

Face of Australia: Translucent Powder // $7.17
If you watch Lauren Curtis on YouTube, you know that she raves about this powder. When a YouTuber raves about something you gotta go get it, no explanation required.

Australis: Fresh & Flawless Pressed Powder in Deep Natural // $6.84
An apparent dupe for the Mac Studio Fix Powder. Used on it's own, it gives light coverage and is super silky and velvety on the skin. As a setting powder, I've yet to decide what my thoughts are on it yet. 


Essence: Lipliners in 04 Honey Bun, 05 Soft Berry, 08 Red Blush, 10 Femme Fatale, 11 In the Nude  // $1.05
Essence lipliners are quite the little gem, and the 40% off sale was just the right opportunity to pick up pretty much all of the range (minus the darkest brown).  Expect to see lip swatch post soon :)

Essence: Sharpener // $1.05
Not much to mention about a sharpener really...I just realised I stop using products that come in a pencil form when they're in need of sharpening.  I think it's time that habit stops haha.  

Essence: Lipstick in 44 // $1.05
Word has it that Essence lipstick formulas are relatively decent, and I wanted to test it out for myself :) Not expecting to be blown away for $1.05, but I do have high hopes for the wearability of this one.

Face of Australia: Glossy Lip Crayon in Pecan Pie // $2.97
I am so glad lip crayons were invented because they are just the best things ever. Pecan Pie does not disappoint as it is such MLBB natural shade. I love it so much & it just hits all the right spots.

That's it from our haul today! Fairly productive shopping with some good bargains. What did you grab from this sale?

28 comments:

  1. Omgg you guys bought soo much stuff from the Priceline sales!
    Buying online was probably a smart idea because when i went instores, it was so crowded I could hardly get through >_< You got a lot of Essence products, the blushes are really nice, hope you do a review on them ~
    I bought the Essence clear gel mascara and some Maybelline eyeliners and foundations during the sales ;P

    xx
    Beautifyinglifee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard the clear gel mascara is really good for the brows but fairly meh on the lashes. Would love to see your thoughts on it!

      Delete
  2. Essence rarely disappoints! I love that you can try out a whole heap of their products so cheaply. It means that if any are a little lackluster it is no real problem because you've not emptied your bank account to purchase it! Nice to have an affordable brand in Australia. Lovely haul :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know! at 40% off there is no loss either ;)

      Delete
  3. Essence blushes are lovely. And for the price you can't beat it. I hate how they changed the Australis powder's packaging.
    And are you serious? Priceline couldn't even start their sale at 12am? I really wanted to do just what you did and jump on in the morning haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha glad you take sales as seriously as we do! I've never had the original powder packaging for the fresh & flawless so i cant really comment but ive heard a lot of complaints about it :(

      Delete
  4. I am obsessed with Essence and their lipsticks are amazing quality for the price! http://maybemayhemmakeup.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh lala!!! I really love all the things you got, so many red things! Polishes, lippies! I'd love that pressed powder, a blush from essence and a lip liner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh you totally noticed all the red things lolll!

      Delete
  6. Very jealous of your haul, as usual I didn't manage to get to the sale because there isn't a Priceline near enough to me to just 'pop' into and I'm stingy and don't want to pay for shipping. I guess it's better that I didn't buy anything...right? I love Essence blushes, that Sweetheart shade must be new because I've never seen it!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i totally know what you mean by being stingy for shipping! but the shipping for priceline isnt too bad. It's 5.95 and divided by 2 for us its $3 each :3 maybe next time you could split shipping with someone or alternatively spend over $100 ;)

      Delete
  7. Great haul! I managed to stop myself from buying too many things. I bought a L'Oreal Lumi Magique foundation, a couple of Maybelline Colour Sensation lippies, a Rimmel waterproof eyeliner. I was proud of myself for being so disciplined until I saw everyone else's hauls (like yours) and regretted not grabbing a couple more things. :P

    Ty's Blog of Epiphanies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh man that happens to us all the time haha. Would love to know your thoughts on the foundation! weve heard a lot of good things about the loreal foundations :)

      Delete
  8. Nice haul :) good to see you got some Essence goodies, they are so cheap even when not on sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know. Essence are sooo incredibly affordable :) such a bonus at 40% off cos they are so cheap already

      Delete
  9. Great haul! I really want to try the Essence lip liners. Heard amazing things about them :)

    Nhi | Miss Blushaholic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea so far they are really good and so affordable as well :) will do an upcoming post for the lipliners so look out for that :3

      Delete
  10. ohhh talk about amazing cosmetic/beauty haul!!! can't wait to see what you have to say about these products.. we don't have essense in the US.. so i had never heard of essence until i moved to germany and i've been using the polishes here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think essence is available in some places in the US :) We'll post up thoughts on the lip pencils soon !

      Delete
  11. I love Pecan Pie too! I don't think it made it to the permanent range though :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no :( might buy some back ups of these then!

      Delete
  12. God do I love Priceline 40% off sales! So good for me but so bad for my wallet. I haven't tried any Essence products yet but I've heard great things about them (next sale perhaps?). When this sale rolls around I usually stock up on some old favourites and try out some new prods too. This time round I bought the L'Oreal Blackbuster eyeliner and Bourjois CC cream! Great haul!

    Chantalle x
    ceceandgrace.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol the 40% sales are so bad but so good :P
      Theres no harm in trying out essence products; the prices are great and quality is overall pretty good! Thanks for reading! xx

      Delete
  13. (Jeebus, now following you guys on Bloglovin because I hardly check GFC/Blogger roll thingy which is USELESS because I miss out on the amazing posts from this blog!)
    UGH, YOU GUYS PICKED THE RIGHT ESSENCE BLUSH SHADES, JUS SAYIN. Sweetheart and Babydoll are all I ever use from the line, I hope you guys are enjoying them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks for following on bloglovin. Just saying me and lin are totally obsessed with your blog as well!

      Delete